Membership shall be limited to executive members. The committee shall serve on behalf of the board of directors.
An executive subcommittee shall prepare proposals on policies, details on activities, budgets, etc. and submit these proposals to the committee.
Deliberations on major issues regarding MCPC's activities.
- Decision-making on fundamental issues (e.g. industrial property) regarding the running of the committee.
- Discussion on Technical Committee's and Promotional Committee's activities (including budgets) and results thereof.
- Discussion on organizational issues.
- Cooperation with other organization .(including overseas organizations)
- Approval of Membership
- Submission of proposals for expanding the use of mobile computing to the government offices involved and negotiations with them for the cause.
- Smooth management of MCPC to help each member company grow
- Establishment of technological infrastructure (including the promotion of DFS) for mobile computing. (step by step)
- Clarification of advantages for member companies.
Membership shall be open to executive members and full members. The committee shall discuss MCPC's technical problems
and come up with the best solutions, from the perspective of technological advances, while respecting the opinions of the members.
A terminal working group, center systems (middleware soft, networks) working group, and verify various technical issues as well as to develop
relevant hardware or software. The committee shall have an understanding of each working group's technical issues and actively participate in resolving the issues.
- Sharing of information on technical activities among all working groups to eliminate any system inconsistencies.
- Promotion of DFS
- Discussion on policies regarding how the industry accommodates new technologies.
- Technical problems regarding mobile computing systems (and the operations thereof) should be resolved stepwise.
- PC cards etc.
- Needs for packet communications [W-CDMA/CDMA (PHS)] should be met.
Terminal Working Group
- Survey on hardware-software connection interfaces for portable phones, PHS PC cards, and PCs (including HPCs), Promotion of R&D thereof.
-Telephone > PC: Radio wave data, charges, error rates etc.
-Telephone < PC: Data on telephone directions.
-Wireless AT command set.
-Specifications to develop application software above.
-Turn-around testing between telephone and PC; turn-around testing with base station.
-Submission of proposals on compatibility (identifying the present situation). -Simultaneous communication of voice and data.
- Menus for mobile terminals
-Improvement of operability including the issues mentioned in item 1 above.
- Power saving during data communication with portable phones/PHS.
-e.g. Voice circuit power off and key scan suspension during data communication.
- Facsimile software.
- Power control (ON/OFF), ringing tone, message lamp, program/data control sequence. (presentation protocol)
- Discussion on standardization of CDMA-based PC card/driver specifications.
- Approach (survey, research, etc) toward multimedia information (MPEG4) terminals.
- Power saving for PC cards.(e.g. ACPI for Windows97)
- Standardization of large-capacity battery. (HPC etc)
- Communication between terminals (between portable phones, between PHS and portable phones)
- Communication confirmation test program and verification thereof.
- How to prevent mobile computing systems from being stolen or left behind carefully.
- Survey on radio interference between phones and computer terminals.
- Preparation of specifications for standardization.
- Decision-making on proposals.
- Promotion of standardization.
- Cooperation with the overseas organizations (companies) involved.
Center System Working Group
Establishing system construction methods.
Mobile computing support at the stage of system construction.
- Considerations in constructing mobile computing systems.
-Power saving targets.
-Calculating data communication costs.
- Establishing system operation methods.
-Standardization, requests for improvement, and support follow-up (comparison in product function/performance).
- Communications protocol
-Nrtwork administration.(including mobile computing systems)
-Investigation into priority processing.
-Solutions to problems.(fault isolation)
- Survey on how to use the existing system data. (link with LANs)
-Cooperation with service providers. (Internet providers)
-Remote LAN access.
-Survey on data compression and encryption.
- Management of terminal software and hardware.
Applications Working Group
- Link with existing systems (LANs).
- Expansion of applications for mobile computing (such as SFA-related applications).
- Various applications (on the center side,for terminals).
Expansion of the potentialities of access to mobile computing.
- Establishment and implementation of market records/method of preparing estimates.
- Public relations.
- Active participation in various events.
- Determination of effects and benefits of systems.
- Promotion for the hotel and transportation industries;requests for mobile computing support(system,machinery) for Internet and PC communication service providers
and cooperation with them.
- Marketing of member campanies' systems and products.
Missions of Start-up Businesses Support WG
The objective of this WG is to encourage start-ups
especially located out of Japan to penetrate into Japanese mobile market and
to activate the mobile computing industry though MCPC activity.
The WG promotes their technologies and services
for mainly Japanese companies who may go into the potential partnership with
Through these activities, it makes easier for start-ups
to stand their business model and look for their right partners, as well as MCPC members.
If you join this WG, please contact the following by e-mail and submit
entry sheet of your company. (XLS file/49KB)
Start-up Businesses Support WG of MCPC
Shiba-koen Sanada Bldg, 2F
3-5-12 Shiba-Koen, Minato-ku,
Tokyo 105-0011 Japan
Enhanced recognition of MCPC and member companies' leading roles in the field of mobile computing systems.
< We are welcome your E-mail >
Mobile Computing Promotion Consortium(MCPC)
5-12, ShibaKoen 3-chome, Minato-ku, Tokyo 105-0011, Japan
Voice: +81-3-5401-1935 Facsimile: +81-3-5401-1937